Ms. Larkin's Room 159 at a glance... WEEK OF: April 10
- In reading we will be working on folktales. Everyone will be keeping a folktale log while they read a variety of folktales. We will concentrate on a few of the subcategories of folktales including tall tales, fairy tales, fables, and creation tales.
- No spelling this week due to the short week.
- We’ll begin some practice tests for the upcoming state test the end of April.
We are in a unit that covers geometry. Lessons this week include: sides and angles of quadrilaterals, classifying quadrilaterals and three dimensional figures.
SOCIAL STUDIES, SCIENCE OR HEALTH:
- Social Studies – We’re in a unit on the American Revolution. Lessons include: The Road to the Revolution, The Revolution Begins, Fighting the War and A Nation is Born.
- On Tuesday WSU nursing students will present learning stations on the body systems. It will be great review for our students!
- There will be no school this Thursday and Friday, April 13-14 and Monday April 17, so it will be a super short week. Have a lovely holiday!